Julie Shattuck, Principal and Lead Investigator
Julie Shattuck has served as an applied research and evaluation consultant for over 20 years working in partnership with foundations, state and federal agencies, nonprofit organizations, and universities. Prior to founding Applied Research + Evaluation in 2000, Julie worked for eight years as an evaluation consultant for San Francisco Bay area firm Inverness Research Associates. Additionally, she worked for Aquirre International as an evaluation coach for Project STAR (Support and Training for Assessing Results). In this role, she provided evaluation technical assistance to AmeriCorps national and state programs throughout the United States.
Before her consulting career, Julie directed two multi-year National Science Foundation science curriculum development projects at Cornell University and University of California Santa Cruz. Julie holds a Certification in Evaluation and Organizational Development from Fielding Graduate University in Santa Barbara, California. She received her M.A. degree in Adult and Continuing Education from Washington State University. Her thesis was a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the academic needs of Washington State University’s Agency for International Development (USAID) Participant Training Students from Indonesia, Kenya, and Lesotho.
She holds certifications in Human Participants Protection for Research Teams from the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation and a Public Service Ethics Education Certificate from the Institute for Local Government. Other activities include:
- Member, American Evaluation Association
- Member, San Francisco Bay Area Evaluators and Applied Researchers
- Member, National Science Foundation’s STEM Evaluation Community (EvalCom)
- Santa Cruz City Commissioner, Downtown Commission (2000-2010)
- Member, Leadership for Community Transformation (led by Dr. Monica Sharma former Director of Leadership & Capacity at the United Nations)
- Graduate, Leadership Santa Cruz County
- Board of Directors, Kidpower International
We regularly partner with individuals and organizations who complement the expertise of our firm.
Heather Dantzker, Ph.D
Billie-Jo Grant, Ph.D
Sarah Marschall, M.S.
Jessica Wolf, B.S.
Dantzker Consulting, LLC
Grant Consulting, LLC
Meetings that Matter