Annual and final reports from the projects listed in Portfolio, 1992-2019.
- Brenick, A., Shattuck, J., Donlan, A., Duh, S., & Zurbriggen, E. L. (2014). Empowering children with safety-skills: An evaluation of the Kidpower Everyday Safety-Skills program. Child and Youth Services Review. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1016/j.childyouth.2014.06.007.
- Brenick, A., Shattuck, J., Donlan, A., Duh, S., & Zubriggen, E. “Promoting Safety Skills in Children: A Quasi-Experimental Evaluation of the Kidpower Everyday Safety Skills Program.” Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Seattle, WA, 2013.
- O’Leary, D., Shattuck, J., & Kubby, J. An Online, Interactive, Renewable Energy Laboratory. IEEE Transactions on Education, 2012.
- Kogan, D., Shattuck, J., & Chemers, M. “In their own words: Students and mentors describe their experience.” In Mentoring for Diversity: Encouraging Undergraduates to Pursue Science Research Careers. A paper presented at the biennial conference of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues, Chicago, IL, 2008.
- Kogan, D., Shattuck, J., Crosby, F., & Chemers, M. “A Qualitative Look at Undergraduate Research and Mentoring Experiences,” Technical Report 2. University of California, Santa Cruz, CA, 2008.
- Kogan, D., Shattuck, J., & Crosby, F. “Using Longitudinal Case Studies of Participants in Undergraduate Science Support Programs.” In M. Chemers (Chair), Understanding Undergraduate and High School Science Support Programs: A Theory-driven, Interdisciplinary, Multi-method Approach. Symposium conducted at the annual meeting of the American Evaluation Association, Portland, OR, 2006.
- Kogan, D., Shattuck, J. “Science Support Programs at the University of California, Santa Cruz: The Context for the AScILS Research Project.” Technical Report, 2006.
- Ash, D., Shattuck, J. et al. “Developing a Community of Inquiry Practice for Scientists Who Teach.” Paper presented at the American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2004.
- Austin, J., Shattuck, J. “Evaluation of the Great Valley Center.” Report to the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation and the James Irvine Foundation, 2004.
- Austin, J., Shattuck, J. “Evaluation of the Community Foundation Initiative.” Report to the James Irvine Foundation, 2003.
- St. John, M., Shattuck, J. et al. “A Study of the California Dwight D. Eisenhower Mathematics and Science Education State Grant Program – Case Studies.” Inverness Research Associates, 1995.
- St. John, M., Shattuck, J. et al. “A Study of the California Dwight D. Eisenhower Mathematics and Science Education State Grant Program – Case Studies.” Inverness Research Associates, 1994.
- Life Lab Science Program. Life Lab Science Kindergarten, First, Second, and Third Grade Elementary Science Teaching Manuals. Contributing author, Videodiscovery, 1992.
- Shattuck, J., Jimmerson, R., Trail, T. “Academic Training Needs of Indonesian, Kenyan, and Sudanese Participant Students at Washington State University.” Paper presented at the National Seminar on International Education and Training, Washington, DC, 1986.